Tuesday, November 13, 2007

When God asks you to do something difficult

11/13/07
I am called to obey God, no matter how much it hurts or how much it costs.

When trying to figure out a difficult situation and what God was truly calling me to do, I sought counsel from God warriors, however I was still getting conflicting messages. I knew I would have to seek God directly. A phrase kept coming to my mind while I waas praying about this..."If you fail to carry out my command, I will send upon you a wasting disease." So I went online and did a search on that phrase to find where it was in scripture...here it was!...

Leviticus 26:14-17
"But if you will not listen to Me and carry out all these commands, and if you reject my decrees and abhor my laws and fail to carry out all my commands and so violate my covenant, then I will do this to you: I will bring upon you sudden terror, wasting diseases, and fever that will destroy your sight and drain away your life; you will plant your seed in vain, because your enemies will eat it. I will set my face against you so that you will be defeated by your enemies; those who hate you will rule over you, and you will flee even when no one is pursuing you."

God also gave me more confirmations thru scriptures, and thru the preaching of His Word.

James 2:17
"In the same waay faith, by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead."

Mark 9:5
"Peter said to Jesus, "Rabbi, it is good for us to be here; let us make 3 tabernacles, one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah."
Peter is speaking of being on the mountaintop with Jesus and His Glory came down upon them. It was so glorious up there on the moutnaintop, that Peter never wanted to leave God's prescence or go back down to what was in the world, he wanted to sit and bask in that forever and ever, however we are not called to stay on the mountaintop...
From the notes on the sermon:
A. The temptation is to stay in the glory and forget the people waiting below (in the valley)
1. As soon as Jesus got into the valley from the mountaintop experience, there was a father needing prayer and healing for his son.
2. The disciples who did not go up on the mountain could not do anything for the father, or his son.
3. This world needs us to come down out of powerful worship and minister to those in the world (those who are in the valley and have never experienced the glory on the mountaintop)

If we keep ourselves only up on the mountaintop and away from the valley, we could miss out on blessing someone who is in desperate need of help.
Sometimes God calls us out of our comfort zones, our "mountaintops" so that He can bless us even more, by being a blessing to others.

No comments: