Monday, September 25, 2006

Inevitable

Isn't it ironic how you can be totally on a mountaintop one day and then BAM you are down in the valley again. I was just going thru all of my blogs and writing some of them down in my journal, for "just in case" and BAM I'm slapped in the face with my own words!!! In just a weeks time, I've slipped back in to a funky mood...

I went to Asheville this weekend and hung out with some friends. Funny that one of them posted about exactly what I was feeling when with all of them...alone. Why do we feel we have to debate on who is right about what? Why try to bully our Christian brothers and sisters into "I'm right, you're wrong" so there...
It was SO exhausting, and I felt SO disconnected and flat out annoyed. We are supposed to encourage each other in the word, to be there to lift each other up, and help to mature each other in our faith. Instead it's "this church is awesome, and what wrong with you that you don't feel that way too." UGH! I get so frustrated with that! yes, we all have our preference of what kind of church and worship we want/choose to be a part of...just because one is different than the other doesn't make one more right than the other. If they are preaching the undeniable, infallible word of God, and not straying from it...who cares if they raise their hands in worship, who cares if the jump up and down, who cares if they don't!!!! If you have the Holy Spirit in you, then no matter what, you will know if God is in that church, be it traditional, contempory, or charismatic!
If God is in the house, THEN GOD IS IN THE HOUSE!!!!

We are called to build each other up, not try to prove "this is better than that." What happened to our love, especially among our brothers and sisters in Christ?

There's a problem when we'd rather sleep in than to go to a church on Sunday because we don't agree with one of their ministers on staff and that inhibits our ability to praise. We ought to be anxious and excited because we get to worship in the house of the Lord with fellow believers, and that we have the freedom to do so without fear of death, or exile like some countries around the world.

May God give me back my passion for worship, whether in my house or in another house of worship. May God give me peace and keep me at peace during "debates." May God grant each of us the ability to shut our mouths, when they need to be shut! Lord help me to follow what YOUR will is, and not my own. I'm just as imperfect as the next person, may I remember that and never give up striving to be more Christ-like.

2 Corinthians 4:16-17
"That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our inner strength in the Lord is growing everyday. These troubles and sufferings of ours are, after all, quite small and won't last very long. Yet this short time of distress will result in God's riches blessings upon us forever and ever!"

May I daily desire to seek time with the Lord so that I will walk in His ways and not my own! How awesome that God sees my inabilities and doesn't criticize or condemn me for it, but in Him I am made strong. he understands me like no one else can!


Psalm 147:5 "How great He is! His power is absolute! His understanding is unlimited!"

"We can never understand all about ourself, but God understands us completely. Sometimes we feel as if we don't understand ourself-what we want, how we feel, what's wrong with us, or what we should do about it. But God's understanding has no limit, and therefore He understands us fully. If you feel troubled and don't understand yourself, remember that God understands you perfectly. Take your mind off yourself and focus it on God. Strive to become more and more like Him. The more you learn about God and his ways, the better you will understand yourself." - Handbook of Bible Application

No comments: