Saturday, September 16, 2006

Lots to say lately

So...I was a bookworm today and read "Blessed Child" by Ted Dekker & Bill Bright. It's on eof those books taht really makes you aware of how much we take our raith for granted. I totally recommend this book!
I often wonder, just like 2 of the main characters in the book, where are the modern day miracles? yes, I have seen people healed and I have known about the healing of others, But the book did open my eyes to the fact that not only are we not truly walking "in the kingdom" on a daily basis, but it is so much more of a miracle when someone accepts Christ than when a body or physical need i smet.
The healing of someones heart, their soul is so much more important than physical healing HOWEVER...when Jesus healed in the Bible, he didn't say "do you believe in me..." he would ask simply "do you want to be healed?" Jesus alwaays met thier physical needs and then if they wanted to believe in him, that was their choice.

Jesus gave each one of us that walk with him that same power to meet the physical needs of those around us in order for them to know his power. But the greatest miracle of all, is when someone realizes how much they need him in their lives and in their heart and truly experience the joy of Christ coming into their lives and healing their heart, mind and soul.

I have many friends who haven't experience that joy yet. so many think that having a relationship with Christ is not being able to "have fun" not being able to do things. It's so hard to explain how much freedom there is in having Christ in my life. The peace that I constantly have NO MATTER the circumstances. The joy that I ahve no matter what happens, no matter what comes my way.

I'm still human and will always make mistakes. There will always be times taht I act out of my own stubborn will instead of Gods will...but I know the freedom it is to live in Christ and for Him to live in me. I know the freedom from burdens, because he carries them for me. So many of my non-Christian friends simply want to debate, and don't like that I won't argue with them. They don't realize it's not that I'm backing down. I have no need to debate or argue the issue...I know what God has brought me from, I'm a living testimony to how life sucks without Him, and how awesome it is...awesome only because of him living in me!

PRAISE JESUS!

Jeremiah 29:11-14 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hop and a future. Then you will call upon me and come an pray to me, and I will lsiten to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you, " declares the Lord," and will bring you back to the place which I carried you into exile."

So many times (and I am SO guilty of this) we only read vs. 11. But how awesome the next verses are as well. It's all about getting back to the basics, about having that childlike faith from where we started. Sometimes we get so involved in doing things for the Lord, and making sure we "act" like a Christian that we lose sight of exactly what it is we have in Him. We forget the basics of simply relishing spending time with Him. We forego reading the words he left to guide us, to help us deal with our daily life.

What happened to that fire that we first had when God delivered us? Can you remember it, when you just couldn't get enough of His word?

One of my Favorite songs to "get my praise on" is Donnie McClurkin's "Great is Your Mercy"
"Great is Your Mercy towards me
Your lovingkindness towards me
Your tender mercies I see
Day after Day
Forever faithful towards me
Always providing for me
Great is your mercy towards me
Great is your grace"

They sing the same lines over and over again, and I'm overwhelmed.



I fail God in so many ways on a daily basis that it humbling to know and realize how much mercy God shows me on a daily basis, with every second of every day...May I never foget or take for granted who God is in my life, and what he's done not only for me...but what he wants to do for each of you as well!

No comments: